Your dog can stay with me if:
* you and your dog can visit us for a meet and greet, s/he stays with us, so we can get to know each other a bit and see if your dog and my dogs Ruby & Flanders ‘click’.
* he / she is de-sexed
* he / she is social towards other dogs and humans
* he / she can be walked off the leash (after a few days)
* he / she is fully vaccinated (Rabies, DHPPIL and Bordetella (Kennel cough))
* he / she has an official dog license which is issued by AFCD, HK Government
* he / she is fully house-trained (meaning no ‘accidents’ with 3 walks daily, an extra outside pee break can be arranged but as I prefer not to confuse the other dogs with smells in the house I don’t use pee pads!)
* you’re willing to sign a disclaimer
* you allow me to use pictures of your dog for my website, facebook, instagram and twitter accounts.
* you understand that I am not a vet, not a veterinary assistant and not a professional dog trainer. I am a writer who loves dogs!
If your dog can’t meet some of these requirements for good reason please contact me.
Once you’ve decided to let your dog stay at Susan’s Happy Tails:
Pick your journal and provide me with an e-mail address so I can send you your dogs journal daily.
Prior to your dog’s arrival I will give you a disclaimer and checklist. Of course I appreciate any information on your dogs habits and schedule! Some practical information: I recommend that you apply Frontline, Advantix or a similar product prior to your dogs arrival. Furthermore, please bring bedding and enough dog food so your dog can enjoy a familiar place to sleep and have the food he or she is used to. You can also bring as many toys as you like. But please do not bring any valuable bedding / blankets or toys, as I can not guarantee these will not get damaged, dirty or buried in the garden. More information will be in my checklist.
I am looking forward to hearing from you, you can contact me anytime.